Friends, Family, Readers, Lovers, Haters,
I’ve tried to blog lately, but honestly I haven’t felt inspired. As I’m sure you know, I loved McMaster more than anything. I miss my friends, I miss the campus, I just generally miss being a student. I won’t lie – it’s been a little difficult to transition into this new stage of life. But I have entered the work force, and am trying my very best to present myself as an adult. This new stage has presented itself with new struggles, however new joys simultaneously. I find myself more driven, more aggressive, and a tiny bit more confident.
Anyways, here’s a list of things, that I find myself dealing with during this new Post-Undergrad stage of life.
- Wanting to be independent, but first you have to be financially independent
- Having four years of freedom at University… and then moving back home
- Entering the workforce, and having to prove to others that your young age is no indication of your skill
- Faking your way through small talk at work, to avoid looking like a complete idiot due to your lack of awareness of global issues
- Having so many new hopes, dreams and plans, and then looking at your bank account
- Explaining to people why you studied one thing, but you are now employed in another
- Not having the option of whether or not you want to skip class. Your butt has no option but to get up for work.
Anyways – being 21 has been an awkward limbo. But don’t get me wrong, I am extremely grateful to have the opportunities that I do. I’m still getting used to this phase of life, but once I do – I shall blog more.
Good Night 🙂